Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Tried this

I made a recipe yesterday that is worth sharing. I love cheesecake and chocolate.  I would choose cheesecake any day over any other dessert. Not just any cheesecake, but thick no crust New York style. While that takes some skill and I needed to use some cream cheese and heavy cream I had in my fridge and found this recipe from Martha Stewart and thought it looked easy and required no baking and combined my loves.  I halved everything except the ganache.  I used a dark chocolate bar from Trader Joe's for the ganache and oreo cookies with the filling scraped off for the crust and more ganache drizzled on top.  It was a hit. It was even better as it sat in the fridge over night. Yum.  It was light but still a little rich and cold. It seemed like the perfect summer decadent dessert.
 If you look close you can kind of see that layer of fudgy ganache covering the crust.  I am no dark chocolate fan, but this was good. I always laugh when I read recipes that say "use the best dark chocolate you can afford" and snubbed my nose at those chocolate snobs.  Well, now I know why.  This isn't the best chocolate out there, but it's pretty good and organic and still creamy for it being dark. I may need to buy a box of these to have on hand next time I am there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment