Tuesday, September 6, 2011

I can see the appeal of a machine

Most of the time my scrapbooking needs/skills are minimal, so I have never been one to see the upside to the cost of a cricut or the other kinds of cutting machines......until Amelia requested for her birthday that I make her a banner with her name on it since Ben got this one for his birthday.  In my husband's family his mom had a tradition of making treats and signs for when they came home and he liked the idea of keeping this tradition. Since her birthday was the day before school, I felt like we had just done a birthday celebration so another day of treats and decorations was a little much.  Instead of all that, I decided to make her a welcome home banner with her name so she could hang it on her wall like Ben. I had some cute school themed scrapbook paper and some cute letter stickers and got to work.  3 hours later (I am sooo not kidding, I was almost late in picking her up) I made this and vowed never again to tackle one of these without the die cuts. That's a lot of cutting!!  But I think it turned out cute and was totally worth it to see her face light up and it's something we can keep for a while to make it all worth it.

(I apologize for the unfocused and dark pics!!I was rushing to snap a photo and my house is the worst for candid photos, but not everything can be staged, right?!?)

No comments:

Post a Comment