Tuesday, September 6, 2011

I'mmm baack

OK, I have been out of blogging mode forever, as well as project mode.  But now with one less child at home (for 5 hours a day, can you tell how easily I adjusted to that!!!) I am finding myself getting back into being me again. So hopefully I am back at projects and postings.  First off,  my recent gifts to my Tangled crazed daughter, a Rapunzel costume and a hobby horse version of Maximus. Sadly, her birthday was an entire week ago and I just finished Maximus today, but luckily she is very patient and forgiving.  The costume will also be her Halloween costume, so I lucked out with 2 birds with one stone. I actually had most of the stuff on hand. The light purple was a damaged PB sheet from my UT trip a few months ago and the dark purple, velcro and the eyelets I had in my stash.  I just ended up getting the trims.  Since it is dress up, I wanted it to be a 2 piece so she could do it herself, plus a skirt and top was way easier without a pattern than trying to figure out a dress.  It will also grow with her more. The back of the top closes with velcro the whole way down so she can get it off easily, but it still stays on. And I wish I had an embroidery machine, but instead I bought variegated thread and used one of my decorative stitches on my machine to make the stitching down the front and hem of the skirt.  IF I wasn't burned out of this project, I think I would have liked to get a lacey fabric as on overlay on the top to be more true to the movie, but who's looking that closely?!?! It's pretty cute and she loves it.


 

2 comments: