Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Halloween is here at my house

I haven't been good about posting anything, so I decided to collage some of my fall/Halloween projects. I love the fabric pumpkins around and I had the perfect orange fabric. I filled mine half way with rice so it is kind of moldable and made the stem with rib knit for texture.  I want to make 100 of them but stopped myself at 1. The kids and I picked leaves and made leaf prints on burlap for our mantle.  We "carved" pumpkins which this year was just using those Mr Potato Head pieces and put in a pumpkin.  They are actually pretty cute and no mess. Today I made a dozen of these Frankenstein cupcakes for a party. And I coudlnt' resist the book pumpkin.  Mine already had an orange-ish hint to it, so I left it plain and made my vine out of quilt binding with wire in it.   I also have made 3 costumes, but more pics to come of that. Tonight the kids get to do a dress rehearsal and wear them to a party.  I'll have to post pics later.  I have to make 2 dozen cupcakes for Amelia's class party on Halloween. I liked these, I might do them again, or go a little simpler (and less food coloring) and do spider webs with candy spiders or plastic ring spiders.  Suggestions??

1 comment:

  1. What this amazing crafter doesn't tell you is that she made 80+ of the most adorable stick ponies for her MOTHER-IN-LAW (!!) to give to the entire staff of a large elementary school for Christmas. I think she should post pictures so everyone can see.

    ReplyDelete