Monday, January 23, 2012

Why do I do this??


I hate when I make a really cute pattern and don't write it down and then I can't recreate it. Especially when it's shoes and I need 2!!!!  You would think I would learn my lesson, but I don't.  I've been doing this for years. I was trying to make some crocheted baby moccasins and was so tired I didn't get up to find a pen and paper and actually stop each step to write it down and said to myself out loud, "This isn't that hard, I will totally be able to figure this out again, right", and Philip looks at me with total doubt and questions why I do this to myself.  Luckily I don't really love how it came out, so I am going to remake it but this time I am going to write it all down for real!!!   Poor 3rd child. It's true that they get less of those special things the others did, especially when it's the 2nd of a gender. It's crazy how much time and energy we spent getting clothes, bedding, and gear for each of our other 2. I just pulled out my box last night and said, "should I feel bad using pink burp clothes and putting pink socks on a boy if no one sees it?? I mean I do have boy stuff for when we go out, but if I can't get laundry done and he needs clothes.......", I guess I am just justifying my lack of interest in shopping, nesting, sewing, whatever it is. Hopefully the 2 hats, the pair of shoes (if I actually can get 2 to match!!) and a blanket or 2 I hope to make will make up for the other things I just don't seem to be rushing out to get this time around. And because I hate posts without pics....this is me 3 weeks ago. This seems so small when I look at it so I guess I have definitely popped more. I wish I had been better about picture taking this time around. I am just over 30 weeks now, so here's to the countdown!! Hope to post some of my creations soon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment