Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Still Here

If you were wondering where your fix of my awesome blog was.  Haven't gotten any projects done worth talking about (cooking new meals with pasta, and I hate pasta but have a costco surplus of it so that's why I don't care to share, finishing our taxes after having to redo them thanks to Phil's previous employer who will remain unnamed, getting Kindergarten paperwork, shots, tb and blood tests all done, signing up Amelia for rec center classes, and the usual day to day). Our laptop finally died, so I haven't had access to the computer in the main house. (and us CA people, well mostly me, can't handle temps below 70 and my back house with the main computer is not insulated or heated and when the temps drop at night, it makes it too cold to be in there for fun!!) The replacement laptop is coming by the weekend.  So lots more pics and posts to come next week.  I especially can't wait to post about Amelia's first day of soccer on my other blog.  But it needs pics and/or videos, so I am waiting for the new computer to do that.  I bought a bit of fabric this weekend and am itching to get sewing a dress for Amelia.  Thanks Claire for putting the idea in my head that I just had to do it!!  But I think it will turn out so cute. Now, just decide what kind of a dress.  Tell me your vote.  And I will most likely adjust them to have sleeves so it will be more of an all year round dress, not just summer. And I can't figure out how to upload Jcrew pics and need to get other stuff done, so go to the links to see the other ideas.  I like the teal one the girl is wearing in this ad.(update, this ad was changed and the color I like is no longer in stock, so you can't see it.  bummer.  but I found a pic somewhere else.... but it's tiny) I also am kind of a traditionalist and like just the simple dress with a empire waist and sash.  You know the kind.  I am trying to be different, but there is something nice about classic too. This might be a nice in between of classic and new. And I also like this flowy layered kind in the pic.

1 comment:

  1. I so want to sew my girls a dress they will actually wear, the links just took me to the j crew website so I'm not sure the dress your thinking of from there but I like that green one, I've decided a dress has to come in under $10 to be worth it, we just bought the girls cute ones from The Childrens Place for $26.

    ReplyDelete