Monday, May 30, 2011

Crossing off my list

This was something on my list for quite some time I finally got around to.  This shirt of Amelia's used to have a big bow on it which kept ripping off and finally ripped a hole in the shirt probably 6-8 months ago.  I cut up the bow into strips, used some fusible web to close the hole and keep it from ripping more/again and give the fabric a little weight to it to hold up the ruffles, and then made these ruffles to cover it up.  I actually think it is even better than the first one. And it was so bright Amelia couldn't open her eyes. I thought it was cute anyway. Now, meet Enna. This is Amelia's doll.  She got her for her 3rd birthday and they are inseparable. This is truly the best doll hands down ever.  Those of you who know me know how much I go on about this doll.  I love it.  Amelia's wanted some new clothes for her for awhile, but they are like $20 to $30 to buy a set online. I barely spend that on the real girl, so it is unlike me to spend it on a doll, no matter how adorable they are.  So I have been meaning to make some and finally did.  This was a tee of Amelia's that I loved on her but some how or another got mildew stained on the bottom half.  Lucky for Enna I was able to cut that part off and make it her size.  Amelia picked the fabric for the pants and I love how great they look together.  I literally cut 2 and sewed up the sides, made an elastic waistband and hemmed the edges then added the bows. The headband I actually had laying around.  I had been experimenting with fabric and flowers and just added the fluff to the elastic.  It was a quick 30 minute project and she looks so cute.  Amelia has been taking her everywhere and loves getting her dressed every morning.  It was a real hit. I guess I need to make her another outfit more than every 2 years!!

Now I need some opinions.  I signed up to donate some hair things for a youth girls camp to use as gift basket prizes.  I was debating about these.  I just am not in the loop about what a 12-16 year old girl likes.  I made the black in headband form, yellow in bobby pin and the blue nothing, but I was thinking of doing the snap barrettes.  Are these age appropriate? and what kind of fastener would be good?  I think I have to have them done this week.  I have about 10 black ones made but not attached to anything and can easily whip up the other colors.  I just need some help and no one to bounce my ideas off of here!!!! I also need to know if I need to start from scratch and make something totally new.  Help me!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. That's really cute. I think that shirt is adorable and way to go on the doll clothes! I think the hair accessories are cute. The YW in my ward are much more likely to wear a headband than anything else. All of them are super cute.

    ReplyDelete