Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Thrift Find

I ventured over to my one of my many local thrifts to see about finding something ugly that I could repurpose into something fabulous for me and I stumbled across this yarn.  There were 4 boxes, but I just got one.
I love how there are re-order cards that have been punched out in a pattern in order to be read by a machine. 
They don't make this style of yarn anymore, so it's fun to make something no one else is using.  And it's soft and a little shiny but still cotton, so easily washable.  That's a plus for me.
I thought it was a fun color and had a fun vintage feel and $5 for all of that was a pretty good deal.  I went back a couple days later to see if the others were still there and it had been marked down to $3 so I bought 2 more!!  I made a cute baby gift out of some and then crocheted a shrug for me, but it was not that great and my hubby referred to it as "stripper sleeves" so it is tainted for me.  I will find something fabulous to make out of it or just keep cranking out these little cuties.

2 comments: