Friday, January 21, 2011

Accept it and move on

I am in desperate need of jeans.  All of them but 1 are TERRIBLE.  They are almost embarrassing to be seen in so I wear them at the house only and save the 1 nice pair for going out and then immediately take them off when I get back home so I don't jinx them. .Luckily I stay home a lot.  The rest are ripped (not in a cool way), stained on the butt, so tight my butt is squeezed into them and makes it look bigger than I want to admit, so big that I can pull them off without unbuttoning (and can no longer wear out of the house because of an incident where they did fall off all by themselves while I was on a walk with the kids but luckily we live in the boonies) seriously out of style, etc. So after Christmas I started on a mission to find the perfect ones: good fit, modest, no distressing, no buttons on the back pockets, no gaggy jewels or stitching, possibly a nice name brand that is good quality, no super unrealistic expectations...so I thought.  Well, they don't exist.  A few brands came close, but did not love them enough to pay $100 for them.  So I decided to try Old Navy just for kicks.  Found some I love.  $30.  Couldn't bring myself to get them.  Kept searching in vain for a "better brand".  Finally, last night Amelia and I went on a girls night out and I decided to give them a whirl again. Fit perfectly, not long, just enough stretch, low rise without my butt hanging out. Bought 2 pairs for $40.  Great deal. Can't say enough.  Came home showed Phil and he said exactly what I knew, but was hoping I could trick people into not noticing. Mommy jeans.  Kind of some funky colored stitching and something about the pockets makes them seem cheap, but honestly, who am I impressing???  I am a mom and I stay home or go out with my kids so why not rock the mom jeans proudly? So, if I liked a picture of myself in them I would post them, but that may be asking too much at once.  So here's to everyone who is proudly loving their mommy jeans. I have accepted it and can now move on. 

1 comment: