Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Dirty Carpet

Yesterday I rented a rug doctor and carpet cleaned my house and car.  It was totally disgusting since I don't think it was cleaned before we moved in and we have never cleaned the upholstery in the car (It's only 3 years old, but still, gross).  Plus the day we moved was a torrential rainstorm and our driveway is dirt, so there have been spots since the first hour we lived here that have been grossing me out.  Since it has been in the 80's here (yep) I thought it was a good time to do it.  But, I have to say, that will be my last time renting a rug doctor.  I had been using a friend's Hoover and it is far superior.  Gets out more stains, and leaves the carpet way less wet.  My house feels so wet still and now it has that musty smell.  Seems counterproductive to clean your carpets only to have a bad smell!!!  Hopefully another day of 80 and the windows open will solve both problems.  I am on to some decorating projects next. (I hope, we have a house full of sickies, so may have to wait)

No comments:

Post a Comment