Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Made a cake, then did nothing, but it was on my list

Yesterday was our 8 year anniversary.  I wanted to make something yummy and I was torn between 2 chocolate cake recipes. I ended up choosing a Chocolate Pistachio Torte.   My pan burnt it a little so I had to trim the edges and in the process I broke it.  Then as I was moving it over to another counter to let it set up, I tilted the cake platter but luckily caught it just in time before the cake slid right off.  It ended up leaving a messy smear of ganache everywhere and the cake was all off centered and broken, so it was not as pretty as it should have been.  But it still tasted really good. We went to Ojai pizza and got some really yummy pizza with artichokes and pesto and sausage and other stuff and a tri tip sandwich. To keep the kids entertained, we got them free refills of root beer in their own special cups.  Amelia said that this was such a special day because she got root beer.  I will miss this time of life when they are so easily indulged by a glass of soda.  Then we put the kids to bed and sat on our butts and watched "Babies".  It was nice to just do nothing, no cleaning, no projects, no work, no computer. Very nice.  Now, back to work and projects and laundry and cooking and bills and.........
 OK, here's the pic

No comments:

Post a Comment