Friday, April 15, 2011

UPDATED:meh......(this means I am unimpressed)

 UPDATED:  I didn't give my sign a chance with that pic.  I have had it on my mantle with some fresh cut roses from my garden and it has really grown on me.  So here's a better pic.  And my granola was actually really good.  If you let it cool overnight then cut it, it holds a bar shape.  Totally recommend it.
I attempted to springify my house by making a wood block sign.  I don't have a cricut or vinyl letters so I hand painted "bloom".  I was inspired by this wood letter sign I saw in the background on a mantle in a tv show. Totally random I know.  But although I do have a jigsaw, I knew I did not want to test my beginner skills but cutting that out.  Then I saw this.  I decided to do my own, but with bloom.  But I wasted enough time on this trying to salvage it. Then I put a pearlized finish on it. 
I am not one for sparkles, but this is nice and soft.  It's fine for decorating my house until Easter, but I wouldn't be offended if we had to burn it in the fireplace for heat!!!  I also attempted to make this granola bar recipe.  It was just too crumbly.  So I broke it up and made it granola for snacking.  Yum.  Mine has almonds, craisins and shredded coconut.  My next big tasks, baby presents.  I have lots in my head, so hopefully they come out as I imagine them.  Keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment