Saturday, June 4, 2011

Changed my mind.....

 So I was too worried that my headbands would not be age appropriate or "cool" enough for the girls here, so I decided to go with something a little more safer and whipped up 10 of these "sailor knot"bracelets.  I used my favorite 100% cotton yarn so they are soft and totally washable and a little flexible to fit over your hand but still be snug on your wrist.  I love the white and have one for myself, and the green is nice on too.  Not a huge fan of the pink, but some girls are into pink, so I threw it in.
Great de-stash project for the ends of a yarn ball you have laying around or strips of fabric.  You could do this with really anything. (I have some leather cording I think I am going to do next and see how it is, but I kind of am in love with the white one, so it might be hard to beat)  I followed this tutorial to make the knots.  She uses cording or thin rope.  I just chain crocheted a long piece to give the yarn some substance.  I wrapped mine around a tapered glass instead of a can and it worked great to slide off and on and to make different sizes.  Here's a hint to figure out how much string or yarn you need: wrap your yarn around the object you are going to be using to make it (or your hand balled up) 7 times and that seems to be a good length. I kind of felt like a little girl making friendship bracelets again.  Amelia and I have matching ones, per her request.  She seriously loves matching and it's a little embarrassing to me, but I suck it up because she loves it so much and it makes it kind of sweet.  But these are the grown up version of friendship bracelets!!! (at least that's what I am telling myself)

1 comment:

  1. I think these are really cute, I am totally going to copy you and make a few. Really adorable.

    ReplyDelete