Friday, June 3, 2011

Results of not checking my gauge


I have made enough botched hats to know that patterns end up way bigger than you want them to, at least for me.  I figured it would probably be a little big for a 4-8 year old like the pattern said, but I intended it to be more my size.  This was even huge on me and I even reduced it 6 rows when I started to see how it was shaping up.  Can you imagine it 2 inches longer??  It makes Ben look like a Bob Marley fan. It's still pretty cute, and the newborn size will be adorable for a little baby, but I was looking forward to a new hat. I tried felting it, but it was only 20% wool so it wouldn't felt even a little.  No biggie, we just added this to the dress up box.  It was quick and fun and can't wait to redeem myself with making the appropriate size!!

No comments:

Post a Comment