Tuesday, June 28, 2011

My finds

I have been slacking in posting, but I figure like 3 people look at this, so whatever.  Anyway, I went to UT and got some awesome deals at the downeast clearance center. I mostly have to share with Claire who was asking me what I get there. They have all the mess ups and damaged items (and occasionally some good ones) from Potterybarn and sometimes some other retailers, but you have to dig.  I went with a mission.  A potterybarn backpack for Amelia and some sheets I could cut up to make a quilt for Ben.  I dug through the bins of backpacks and I scored these!!!

I was so lucky. Amelia already has a lunchbox with the same pattern, so I love that we found something to match and it only had a small "M" embroidered on it which can/will be easily covered up with an iron patch of some sort. It still had the paper inside and the tags on it. It is the smaller kindergarten version which was also really good since she is so small, all the other backpacks seems to be impossible for her to wear empty.  How could she do it with a notebook in there??
The next was Ben's.  I mean how lucky to find a simple colored one with no design with HIS name on it. Luckily he has a very common name (and I am finding Amelia's is also getting more and more common)  My only concern is it is huge and my kids are tiny.  So I hope by the time he can carry it without toppling backwards, he will not be embarrassed by the fact it screams his name. And, does anyone else find it crazy that some of these little tiny kindergarten sized backpacks have cell phone attachments and holes for headphones for your mp3 player???? 
Last, I found this one with my nephew's name on it.  He is also obsessed with sharks.  I mean how lucky is that?  I think it was worn and then returned because it has a name inside and the bottom is a little rubbed.  Nothing that wouldn't happen the first week of school, so hopefully he won't mind.  And, drumroll please, I got all 3 for the grand total of $21!!!  These typically retail close to $30 especially with the monogram.  I would have paid full price for them because they are such good bags, but it's nice to test run them at a great price so I know if I want to get them full price when it's time to replace them.  I am pretty sure I already know the answer.  I have a diaper bag that just keeps going and the kids have little mini backpacks that have been hiked with, puked on and peed on and just throw them in the wash and they are like brand new.  These are seriously some good backpacks PB!!
 
I also wanted these specific sheets with airplanes on them and turned around to look in the sheets bin and right on top was the one.  It really was my day.  I actually ended up finding some other ones that will work out better, along with a sham and a couple other sheets I liked the feel and color of.  Then I found 2 shade shirts for $5 for both.  And Ben really wanted a boy hooded towel since all of ours are girl.  Poor thing. He gets all the girl hand-me-downs. I found a super soft shark hooded towel with only 2 letters stitched on it, "NO" which I thought was funny.  It is pretty cute and has a fin.  I would totally pay full price for these too.  They are so soft and a good size.  So glad I tested them out for cheap so now I know.  This shopping trip has changed my mind about PB goods.  A little over priced, but if you get a sale, totally worth it.  Great steal and loving all of them.  So for $65 I got a ton of what I would consider fun stuff for the kids and me for projects.  Stay tuned to see the blanket I make out of my sheets.

No comments:

Post a Comment