Monday, March 7, 2011

If you had.....

So I like playing this game sometimes.  If you had a choice between this or that, what would you choose.  Well, if you magically had just enough money to pay for something extra every month what would it be?  Big or small, whatever.  Mine, a personal chef.  Yep.  Someone to come and cook healthy meals that are safe for Amelia and that tastes good and I don't have to figure it out.  I just don't want to make it and plan it and be at the grocery store every 2 days buying fresh ingredients.   I want to eat healthy and I like the idea of home cooked fresh ingredients, I just don't like figuring it out and shopping for it. And, maybe if Amelia grew out of her allergy I might like it much better, because that's really the big hurdle for me.  But Philip and I reflect to a pre-Amelia cooking life of fettuccine alfredo and white pizza's and ridiculously decadent desserts all the time and we were our heaviest.  We have now referred to that time period (or those clothes we still have from them) as our fettuccine alfredo bodies.  Not interested in going that direction either. I love cleaning and I love laundry, so having someone clean my house feels kind of like taking away my fun of housekeeping.  We have yet to be responsible for a garden, so maybe that might be something I change my mind about someday, but I did love doing yard work as a child and teen, so I can imagine that I would still love that.  Plus, since I cook a hot meal 2 times a day at least 5 days a week, sometimes more, I think that would give me so much more free time.  It feels like I get dressed, clean up breakfast and then it's time to start making lunch and then when that's done, I better make sure I have stuff for dinner, clean it all up, defrost for tomorrow, and it just feels like it never ends and someone is always hungry for something I don't have.  Cooking.  Blah.  Maybe we should become one of those raw vegans who don't eat anything cooked, then I would never have to prepare a meal.  Just wash and serve.  Ok, cooking sounds better.   So what's yours??

1 comment:

  1. I have to agree. I love to cook, yet I hate it. I hate cleaning lately though, that is my big annoyance, but I hate messes worse! But I can't imagine how much you have to do to keep up with Amelia's foods. Its good you guys are healthier though!

    ReplyDelete